- Dagstuhl seminar on Integrated Deduction September 12 - 17. I am really looking forward this! Finally, an in-person meeting after so many months of online meetings!
- May 2021: In the next winter term, I will be doing research and teaching at the Johannes Gutenberg-Universität in Mainz as a substitute professor.
- 26 March 2021: Joint annual meeting of the GI groups Deduction Systems and Logic in Computer Science (Gemeinsames Jahrestreffen der GI-Fachgruppen Deduktionssysteme und Logik in der Informatik)
I am currently working in the DFG funded research project CoRg which aims at the construction of a cognitive computing system by modeling aspects of human reasoning in everyday situations. I am also involved in the DFG funded research project EVOWIPE were we develop methods to intentionally forget parts of an ontology.
I am co-speaker of the special interest group for deduction systems of the German Informatics Society (FG Deduktionssysteme im FBKI der Gesellschaft für Informatik).
My research interests are:
Before joining the Institute of Web Science and Technologies, I was a member of the Artificial Intelligence research group at the University of Koblenz-Landau. In my dissertation I developed methods for the evolution of description logic ABoxes and investigated knowledge compilation techniques for description logic TBoxes.
AI, Semantic Web, Logic,
especially Description Logics, Commonsense Reasoning, Machine Learning
Furthermore, I was involved in different research projects:
In many of our research projects, we are using the Hyper theorem prover. Further information on that versatile prover can be found here.
- In the In2Math project, we developed interactive teaching materials for undergraduate lectures in mathematics and computer science.
- In the TrialSolution project, different methods to combine various teaching materials were developed.This allowed teachers as well as learners to create teaching materials tailored to individual needs.
- In the LogAnswer project, techniques from theorem proving, machine learning and natural language processing were combined to create a natural language question answering system which answers questions based on the knowledge of a snapshot of the German Wikipedia.
- In the RatioLog project, we investigated methods to model human reasoning and tackled the commonsense reasoning benchmarks COPA.
I am one of the organizers of the Workshop on Bridging the Gap between Human and Automated Reasoning which was located at CADE in 2015, at IJCAI in 2016, at CogSci in 2017, at IJCAI-ECAI in 2018 and IJCAI in 2019.